The main reason you are considering installing air conditioning in your house right now is the opportunity to keep cool during the summer and warm during the winter with the push of just one button. You no doubt have already been given a long list of air conditioning benefits by your friends and family members, but you're still sitting on the fence trying to decide if you really need. it. Well, here is one more point to consider. The clean, quality air that your new air conditioner will give you is going to make your body feel better. Intrigued? Here are the facts you need to know.
Happiness Is In The Air
Have you heard of serotonin? Serotonin is the mood balancing chemical that is produced by your body. Low levels of serotonin can lead to depression, but high levels of this chemical will make you feel happy and relaxed.
The amount of oxygen that you inhale in the air affects the levels of serotonin in your body. Using open windows in your home for fresh air allows outdoor pollutants to enter the home and those affect the quality of oxygen that you breathe. However, running an air conditioning system that has filters to trap any pollutants in the home means you are breathing a higher quality of air and oxygen. Great quality air equals higher levels of serotonin and that equals a happier you.
Think More Clearly
It has been stated that the brain is the body's biggest user of oxygen. The increased oxygen quality in the air conditioned air is therefore going to help your brain in a number of ways:
- You will have more clarity while thinking.
- Your concentration levels will be more focused.
- Your brain can heal and more quickly when it is receiving correct levels of oxygen.
A slow brain makes for a long day, so it is important that it receives the clean oxygen it needs to get you through your waking hours.
If you are battling high blood pressure you are probably trying to control it with prescribed medication. However, did you know that when you breathe in polluted air your body has to work even harder than before?
When you are exposed to polluted air, your lungs have to work harder to filter out the airborne contaminants so that you can receive fresh oxygen in your body. This extra work that your body is having to do is going to raise your blood pressure even higher. You then have to take medication to bring the blood pressure back down. Quality oxygen in the air from your air conditioner is going to give your lungs a rest while allowing them to fill fully for an invigorating breathing experience.
Want To Lose Weight?
It may seem a stretch, but air conditioning is going to help you lose weight and there are a number of reasons why:
- Nobody wants to get outside into high humidity during the summer to exercise, but in a temperature controlled home you will feel more inspired to have a daily workout.
- While you are working out, your lungs are delivering high quality oxygen to all parts of the body so that it can work harder and sharper.
- Air helps your digestion system to do its job, and that means that it is efficiently processing through those calories you put into your mouth.
- After you have finished exercising, your serotonin levels will be at a high, which makes you feel like you have achieved something great. This will inspire you to workout again tomorrow.
You already knew that air conditioning will keep your home comfortable, but now you know that it will help the health of your body too. There is no reason to put off having air conditioning installed. All you need to do is contact your air conditioning specialist and start discussing which system is right for your home. When you start to breathe easier, your health will thank you for it.